As many of you may know the Etsy Craft Party is kicking off in capital cities across Australia and also New Zealand! You can take part in this super-rad event in person, or you could even curl up on the couch in your favourite dressing gown or PJs and craft in front of the telly! Just remember to get your craft on this weekend and remember to use the hashtags #auswandarrah and #etsycraftparty on social media (Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest).
So without further ado, I will introduce some of the various events happening this coming weekend!
Melbourne has two events including:
- Etsy Global Craft Party Celebration 2016 on Friday 17 June 6-9pm at General Assembly Melbourne, 12A, 45 William Street, Melbourne, Australia 3000
- Etsy Craft Party Melbourne on Friday 17 June 6:30-9:30pm at Work-Shop Melbourne, 195 Argyle Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065 – The theme is ‘Paper Play’.
- Etsy Craft Party Adelaide which has multiple dates (Friday 17 June 6pm, Saturday 18 June 9am and Saturday 18 June 1pm) at the Brick + Mortar Creative Retail Hub – 49 George Street, Norwood, SA, 5067 – The theme is .’DIY stationery’.
- Hobart Handcrafted has a mini embroidery session – TBA
- The WA Etsy Team Craft Party on Sunday 19 June 2016 from 3-6pm at the Moon Cafe, 2/323 William Street, Northbridge, Perth, WA, 6003.
Brisbane also has two events including:
- BrisStyle and the State Library of Queensland Big Day of Belonging – Etsy Craft Party activities held at the State Library of Queensland on Saturday 18 June 10am or 12pm – The theme is creating your own Himmeli sculpture! Also check out the rad market stalls and other activities throughout the day.
- The Makers and Designers team in conjunction with Work-Shop are holding an Etsy Craft Party on Friday June 17 from 6:30-9pm at Work-Shop Brisbane, The Autumn Co., 29 Merivale Street, South Brisbane, QLD, 4102. The theme is what wool you make?
- The Sydney Made team in conjunction with Work-Shop Sydney are holding the Etsy Craft Party Sydney on Friday June 17 from 6:30-9:30pm at Work-Shop HQ, Cnr Cleveland and Eveleigh Street, Redfern, NSW, 2016.
- The CanEtsy team is holding the Canetsy Craft Party on Saturday 18 June from 12-4pm at 15 Gallagher Streeet Kamba, ACT, 2902. The theme is creating a felt garland.
- The New Zealand Etsy Craft Party will be held on Saturday 18 June from 10am-3pm at the Ranui Library, Cnr Swanson and Ranui Station Rds.
And of course you can always join in on the fun through the Australian Wandarrah team. Check out this thread to contribute to the Australian Wandarrah Team Craft Party Challenge.
Or you may prefer to stock up some art and craft supply goodies from fellow AW team members (such as the ones featured below – left to right, top to bottom):
Featuring (left to right, top to bottom):